PLANNING is one of the biggest supply chain management consulting companies in Greece. Since its establishment in 1989 the majority of the biggest multinational and Greek companies have trusted us to improve the efficiency of their operations in Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Romania, Bulgaria, Poland and France.
We are proud that we have designed the operational layout for over 1,9 million square meters of warehouse facilities and distribution centers, redesigned over 80 logistics networks, trained over 5.000 warehouse employees in more than 500 clients that have trusted us to “achieve excellence together”, as our logo indicates.
Our company owns deep knowledge of international logistics and transit freight. We have partnered with organizations responsible to manage international flows, big scale logistics parks, intermodal hubs, ports and airports.
Among the milestones of our work we consider:
- The operational consultancy of ATHENS 2004 Olympic Games (Logistics Strategic Plan, Logistics Operations Plan, Transport Strategic Plan, Transport Operations Plan)
- The master and operational layout of the fully automated IKEA Distribution Center located in Greece (layout awarded with the 2009 European Supply Chain Excellence award)
- The master and operational layout of the biggest Greek logistics parks (DIKEVE, Thriassio, VIPATHE)
- The construction of business plans for the majority of the Greek transportation sector including Hellenic Railways Organization (OSE), Athens Mass Transit System (OASA), Urban Rail Transport (Electric Railways, Athens Metro, Tram)
- The consultancy to the Greek government in issuing (2012) and implementing (2016) the national legislation for logistics, as well as in establishing (2012) and updating (2017) the national strategy for logistics